A night with George Ezra and Jana!

It was around July when I didn't really have any friends by my side, everyone was busy living their own lives. 

It didn't bother me much until I had to do or wanted to do social things as I always took comfort in people being around, like a safety blanket. 
I was on the train to Devon with two of my friends who didn't really have the same musical interests as me, and in that moment I decided that I was going to take my independence to the next level, with that I bought a single ticket to see George Ezra, an artist who's music I had become quite fond of in the last couple of months.
 I had a couple months to the event so worry hadn't set in until on the day of the event.
 It seemed like the scariest thing I had to do in my life, in all honesty I was probably being a little bit dramatic.

My mum could see that I was really worried and she suggested me selling the ticket. I was so shocked at what she had suggested that I knew I HAD to go. It was more the panic of getting there, I knew once I had arrived I would be fine but I was so worried at what people would think of me turning up on my own. So I set out, unsure of how I would feel when I got there or what I would experience.
I arrived at the venue and took a seat on the paving, I had arrived about an hour and half before the doors where opening. About 10 minutes later a girl arrived with her dad and they took their position in the queue behind me. Without meaning to I had began to listen to their conversation, it was actually a little impossible not to hear. She had exclaimed to her dad that it was so embarrassing being here with him so I decided I would make her feel a little better and mention the fact that I was alone.
 Oh! I forgot to mention that as I was arriving a girl who was on the phone arrived just before me and was in front of me in the queue, she was on the phone so I had assumed that she was waiting for someone.
A short time passed and I was still sat there filling the minutes with checking twitter, Facebook and whatsapp in a continuous cycle. I made small talk with the girl and her dad when ever I had the opportunity to say something without trying to sound stupid and needy. The silence was broken when two members of staff from the venue came around with a board to take pictures, and the girl who's name I came to know as Jana mentioned to them that she was on her own and if she could take her picture alone. I followed in the same fashion and as they left I asked Jana if she was by herself. When she had replied yes I was so happy that I'm pretty sure my huge grin may have scared her a little! "Me too!" I exclaimed and to my surprise she responded in the same way and we had promised each other we would stick together.
 We had a long conversation filling each other on our lives and who we were as people and where we came from, about an hour in I realised we hadn't even introduced ourselves so I had asked her for her name. She was so surprised when I had asked as she too forgot that she hadn't known mine.
Once inside we made friends with two other girls who unfortunately I can't remember the names of but they were really nice and friendly.
 Good music and awesome new friends! 
They made me feel so comfortable and I enjoyed every aspect of the evening!

It was around July when I didn't really have any friends by my side, everyone was off being busy living their own lives.

So the lesson I learnt was to never be ashamed or afraid of doing something by yourself.
Everything always works out.
I also learned to have more faith in humanity and that in this crazy world people can be friendly and nice and that's how total strangers become friends. 

Oh and George! I doubt you'll ever see this but thank you! You were amazing! I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I can't wait to see you in February and Rae was pretty cool too!

So if you want to do something, don'stop yourself!


Be brave and take the leap! 

x




All images used in this blog post belong to me unless otherwise stated, please ask permission to use any of the images.

Thank you







                        0 comments:

                        Post a Comment